Those living in the UAE are familiar with the struggle to manage households without a maid, a cook or a babysitter. But not anymore! The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE) have introduced Tadbeer service centres for handling all household and domestic workers in the UAE.
Sponsored by the ministry, the Tadbeer service centres guarantees safety and security for those wanting to hire domestic workers in Dubai. From a driver to a security guard, there are about 19 categories of workers that you can hire as per your need. The Tadbeer services have also been created to look after the welfare of domestic workers in the UAE, while ensuring safety and security of the households employing them. So, find out how to hire a housekeeper, nanny or other domestic staff in the UAE and the costs you’ll need to bear.
WHAT IS TADBEER?
The word Tadbeer refers to planning, arrangement or a feasible solution. Here, Tadbeer is a service whereby the government offers a highly transparent and centralised system for hiring domestic and household workers in Dubai and the rest of the UAE.
It is a process of recruitment and selection of candidates which the UAE government facilitates, so you can employ a domestic worker in UAE as per your own requirement to start work immediately.
Tadbeer in the UAE promotes an ethical and fair hiring process based on experience and skill sets.
WHAT IS THE TADBEER SERVICE CENTRE?
Tadbeer service centres are facilitating franchises where you can receive consultation regarding the employment of a domestic worker. Operated under MoHRE, the Tadbeer service centres supply, train and recruit domestic workers in many fields. The workers come from different locations to meet the household and domestic needs of residents in the UAE. There are several Tadbeer services in UAE as part of their initiative:
- Recruitment and placement services
- On-demand labour supply (full-time/part-time)
- Tadbeer visa services and entry processing
- Transfer of sponsorships
- Medical checks of workers
- Health insurance of domestic workers
- Ensuring the domestic workers reach employers from the airport
- Training and orientation upon arrival
- Conflict resolution between the employment parties
There are a number of reasons why you should select Tadbeer centres to hire workers in the UAE for domestic purposes. First, it uses a legitimate channel to hire domestic workers as per government approval. Second, it protects the rights of the domestic workers so their well-being is also looked after. Finally, Tadbeer also ensures that sponsors and families don’t get into any illegal situations leading to paperwork issues.
WHO ARE CLASSIFIED AS DOMESTIC WORKERS IN THE UAE?
There are 19 categories of domestic household staff that can be employed. These include housekeeper, housemaid, private nurse, gardener, cook, private coach, household care-taker, babysitter, private PRO, private teacher, private sailor, private pro, private agriculture engineer, parking valet worker, household shepherd, family chauffeur, security guard, domestic labourer and a household horse groomer.
HOW DOES TADBEER WORK?
With the help of MoHRE, Tadbeer UAE hires domestic help from various countries.
The documents and legal work is completed in-house and workers are trained for at least six months before their employment. Tadbeer prepares the profiles of workers, shares them with families and also facilitates interviews to facilitate the hiring procedures.
Besides, Tadbeer also works with private firms to supply domestic workers, ensure their compensation and accommodation in the UAE.
HOW TO HIRE A DOMESTIC WORKER THROUGH TADBEER?
If you are looking to hire domestic help using Tadbeer, you can easily contact them over the phone or initiate an online request for domestic help. You can also visit the Tadbeer service centre for more information on hiring a domestic worker or fill an application. The process of hiring a domestic worker is divided into the following steps.
- Once you fill the application, mention the requirements and category of a domestic worker.
- It also includes information about full-time or part-time, work hours or any specific skill set.
- The profiles of suitable workers are shared based on your specific requirements and then interviews are set up with shortlisted profiles.
- In case of an unsuccessful interview, Tadbeer will refer to another suitable profile of the domestic worker.
- Once you are satisfied with a worker after the interview, the contractual terms are set as per your requirements.
- The contract will also ensure that the basic rights of the workers are taken care of. So the worker also has a right to complain about an issue with Tadbeer Dubai or other emirate specific centres at any time.
- Tadbeer also makes sure that the worker and family are satisfied. Otherwise, a worker can be replaced in case of any disagreements.
- Candidates also have a right to change the employer or request for replacement in case of dissatisfaction.
WHAT ARE THE RECRUITMENT PACKAGES FOR TADBEER MAID SERVICES?
There are four recruitment packages to employ a domestic worker and each has different requirements.
Package 1 supports direct sponsorship from source countries for 180 days contract. You need to provide the domestic worker with all meals, a separate room and bathroom, monthly salary and passport renewals among other accommodation related requirements.Subscribe toSUBSCRIBE
Package 2 is Tadbeer sponsorship that allows you to hire a domestic worker for 180 days and the company accepts all the costs for passport renewals except for accommodation related requirements.
Package 3 ensures same-day hiring sponsored by Tadbeer for a 2-year contract. You need to ensure accommodation, salary and other requirements such as the end of service gratuity.
Package 4 features a flexible system for employers to hire the workers on an hourly, daily or weekly basis. For instance, four hours daily for deep cleaning, nanny services, housekeeping or weekly gardening services.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF HIRING DOMESTIC WORKERS IN DUBAI AND THE REST OF THE UAE?
The cost of hiring domestic workers has been set to suit families living in the UAE. Costs of the workers also vary depending on the country they are coming from due to change in the ticket prices and travel costs.
For the first package, the transfer will allow a six month contractual period with family.
- Excluding monthly salary, the first package to hire a Sri Lankan worker costs AED 2,200.
- For Filipino and Indonesian workers it costs AED 2,500 and workers from Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya cost AED 3,500 under package 1.
- Indian and Nepali workers cost AED 6,000, whereas it is AED 4,500 for Bangladeshi workers.
- The monthly salary package for Filipino and Indonesian workers is AED 2,500 and AED 2,250 for Bangladeshi, Kenyan, Indian and Nepali workers. The salary for Sri Lankan workers is AED 2,200, whereas it is AED 2,300 for Ugandan and Ethiopian workers.
- The monthly salary for the second package starts AED 2,250 for Bangladeshi, Nepali, Indian and Kenyan workers. For Sri Lankan, Ugandan and Ethiopian workers, the monthly salary is AED 2,300 whereas it is AED 2,500 for Filipino and Indonesian workers.
- The third package that involves 2-year contractual recruitment requires employers to pay the workers on a monthly basis as per package 2.
- Finally, the flexible package requires employers to pay salaries per day that costs AED 120 for four hours and AED 200 for eight hours. It will cost AED 1,120 for a week and AED 3,500 for a month.
HOW MANY TADBEER CENTRES ARE THERE IN THE UAE?
Currently, there are 23 Tadbeer centres in the UAE out of the 24 planned by MoHRE for hiring domestic workers. There are six Tadbeer centres in Dubai as well as six Tadbeer Abu Dhabi centres. Besides, there are four Tadbeer centres in Fujairah, three in Ras Al Khaimah, three in Ajman and one in Sharjah.
WHERE ARE TADBEER CENTRES IN DUBAI?
Tadbeer services Dubai are offered at its Jumeirah branch on Al Wasl Rd. opposite the box park. Besides this, there are branches in Al Barsha 2, Umm Al Sheif, Al Nahda and Deira.
WHERE ARE TADBEER CENTRES IN ABU DHABI?
Tadbeer services in Abu Dhabi can be availed through the service centres in Al Wahda Mall, Madinat Zayed, Khalidiya, ministries area and in Al Bahia.
HOW CAN I GET A MAID VISA IN DUBAI?
Tadbeer centres can also assist with maid visas in Dubai. The authorised agencies registered under Tadbeer can also assist with these services. However, the actual applications need to go through the General Directory of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA). There are a number of documents and conditions attached to this. Only families are allowed to sponsor maids in Dubai and there is a minimum salary bracket for this too. You can get in touch with General Directory of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) for more details. Please note that only maids from the following countries can be sponsored: India, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Ethiopia.
- Housekeeping room attendant and marketing associate job
- Housemaid jobs
- housekeeping job dubai
- Public cleaner, lifeguard and kitchen Steward required
CAN I HIRE A NANNY IN DUBAI USING TADBEER?
Yes, you can use Tadbeer for babysitting services.
WHAT ARE THE TADBEER TIMINGS?
Tadbeer centres are available from Saturday to Thursday between 08:00 am to 08:00 pm.
That sums up our guide on Tadbeer in the UAE. Now that you know how to hire a domestic worker and how much it costs, we hope it helps you to plan ahead.
Through the streamlined approach to such services, the UAE is making life more and more easy for residents in the city. Besides services like Tadbeer, there are also several public transport apps in Dubai to make life easier. You can also ease your daily tasks by using food delivery apps in Dubai if you are struggling to find time to cook.